Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Am Troy Davis

This post is a part of Indie Ink's Weekly Writing Challenge. I was challenged by Tara Roberts with a quote from Winston Churchill “I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” I challenged runaway sentence

_________________________________________________

September 21, 2011
A night to remember
My life is now in Your hands
My life, my God, my Maker
I have been ready to see You all this time
My One, my Love, my Lord

I just wanted them to see
That justice belongs to You, God
No one can separate me from Your love
This long ordeal did not prove my innocence
Rather Your blood is the atonement for my sin

I stand in Your presence ‘Not Guilty’
In the arms of the Holy Lamb of God, Jesus Christ
Everyone is still fighting for my justice...
But here I am acquitted of my crime
From a natural born sinister life

Thank You for Your sacrifice.

___________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. Very poignant and timely. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so beautiful. It makes me a little less angry at the complete injustice that was his execution. I have been thinking of him all week. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete