Wednesday, September 7, 2011


Why Do I Even Try.


This post is a part of the Indie Ink Writing Challenge. I was challenged by deepsoni.me. My prompt was "Why do I even try." I challenged Aimee with "Something simple".








This incredible pain owns me.

At night I fall into deep lack of concentration
When I speak, my mind fears emancipation
Because I am alone.

I’ve walked 10 miles
And broke some bones-
The pain still recurs now that
I’ve dealt with the way life beats me up
Because the road keeps winding me down...

Long are the days I sleep awake
And these days I cry
And sometimes lose my mind-
I possibly don’t know where I am
Or how far I have come-
But one thing I do know
Is I can’t turn around
And must never look back
Because yesterdays are gone.

Why do I live in the past?
I can’t make sense of today
All I want to do is die-
My God, I can’t live this way
But I’ve tried and I’ve tried,
And Lord knows how I’ve cried...
I tried to make everything good for me
But something is not right with me

This incredible pain owns me

Unless someone can let me go.
How can I trust a stranger?

I just want to be alone




1 comment:

  1. Very sad. I've known that feeling, though. Wanting to be alone. Searching for purpose and substance. Very well written, Princess. Nice to meetcha ;)

    ReplyDelete